Adapt and Overcome


Throughout the course, my AICE Media teacher has taught our class several skills, but one that we get to put to use at this time is the skill to overcome and adapt. Recently, a pandemic broke out, known as the Corona virus. It has killed thousands already and continues to affect people all around the globe negatively. The main way it affects not only me, but the other students in my class as well is it delays the process of creating our film opening. With the virus, difficulties are created in filming because currently there are people who can't leave home. However, I aimed to overcome this problem and work with what I have.

That's when I came up with including clips of how the virus is affecting my city. As you know, an important part of the storyline is how this character came to be the last one to survive. For some time, I thought it should be a catastrophic event, like a nuclear war that wipes out the entire population.  Instead, I will go to the supermarket and film the empty racks that is quite rare. I will include these shots in my opening as the memories the character has. Here are some photos I took the other day as an example:




_____________________________________________________________

In the end, I hope to use the skill we were taught in class of adapting to the situation and overcoming this problem in order to still create an awesome film opening.


No comments:

Post a Comment

"BECOMING: JOSH CHESTER" Creative Critical Reflection

The documentary series “BECOMING:” features the story of a different athlete in each episode. The first episode of the series, “BECOMING: Jo...