Background on The Device


The Device

As previously mentioned, an important part of film's plot is this small disk shaped device that is connected to either the side of the character's head or his wrist (yet to be decided). In this way, the character will be able to trigger the device unknowingly. The tech device serves to prompt memories that gradually play throughout the film, showing how the human race came to an end, and how this one man managed to survive. It will help develop the storyline as well as inform the audience and the character simultaneously of the events of the past.

The episode "Striking Vipers" of the Black Mirror series features a small device that is placed on the user's temple. The device reminds me most of virtual reality because it places the user in a video game that is much like an augmented reality. The device used in my film will have a similar look, but an entirely different purpose.



"Experiencer Disk" from Black Mirror

After doing some research, it was made evident that I wouldn't be able to purchase a device like this online, especially for a low price, so I was left with only one option: make the device on my own. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be able to come up with a look a like device, but to inspire me, I will go to an Arts and Crafts store to see what I can find!

The next blog post will feature the process of me creating the device that'll be used in the opening. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

"BECOMING: JOSH CHESTER" Creative Critical Reflection

The documentary series “BECOMING:” features the story of a different athlete in each episode. The first episode of the series, “BECOMING: Jo...