Starting the Script


Hey there!

I recently began the process of creating my screenplay, and it's been a bit difficult. Everything I need to start filming has pretty much been done, except the completed script and finding my actor, which I'm currently still working on.

Something unique about my film is that there is only one character therefore, there isn't much dialogue, if any at all, in the opening. Most of his thoughts are conveyed through his movements. However, I've been having trouble properly formatting the screenplay, and writing each of his movements.


This is just the beginning of the screenplay. Currently, the name of my main character is yet to be decided, so for now I left the character as "MAN." I wanted to choose a name that best represents this character, and at this moment I haven't thought of, or found anything good. I also made sure to write out the sound effects that I need to add in during editing. However, I'm not sure if there is anything else I'm missing, or if it's correct to include sounds in a screenplay.

I've viewed several different examples of screenplays, but much of what I find includes dialogue, meaning I can't use the same format. Therefore, I will conduct more research in order to properly write the screenplay. Most of what is included in the screenplay is simply the actions of the character, however I want to make them clear and concise, without seeming repetitive or boring. I may need the assistance of someone with more experience is screenwriting, if I am unable to find anything online. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"BECOMING: JOSH CHESTER" Creative Critical Reflection

The documentary series “BECOMING:” features the story of a different athlete in each episode. The first episode of the series, “BECOMING: Jo...