Filming Equipment


Hello there!

As I prepare to film, I just wanted make a quick list of the equipment I will use. I've mentioned in previous posts that I plan to use a Canon DSLR camera to film the entire opening, and the sci-fi effects I want to create will be added during the editing process. At first, I'd though out using an old camera that will naturally create a grainy effect, however I realized that this might bring some complications with connecting it to my computer, and it wouldn't create the same effect I was looking for.



I will also need a tripod for stable shots that I do not own. The original plan was to borrow one from my teacher, however because of the virus we didn't go back to school this week, therefore I couldn't check out the tripod. Anyway, this isn't a big issue because I can purchase one through Amazon at a low price and have it shipped within the next two days. And I don't mind spending the money because this tripod can always be used at a later time for any other projects I have.


Another thing I've thought about purchasing is a microphone because the audio for my camera isn't the best. However, I realized that there isn't much dialogue in the opening, it's composed more of background sounds such as the wind. Because of this,  it may not be necessary to purchase a microphone. Nevertheless, I will film some test shots tomorrow to see if my camera is able to fully capture the sounds of nature. If not, I can always add them while I edit and film the sounds using a different device.

Lighting is another important thing to consider. For me, most of the shots will be filmed outdoors, therefore I'll be using natural light. However, this does create some complications because the lighting outside isn't always the same, so I have to make sure and film the shots within the same time that way I have the same lighting throughout. Then in the indoor scene, I will use the lighting of the grocery store to get the right feel, I don't want the shot to seem artificial.

For now, this is all the hardware I will use to film my opening, if anything else comes up I'll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"BECOMING: JOSH CHESTER" Creative Critical Reflection

The documentary series “BECOMING:” features the story of a different athlete in each episode. The first episode of the series, “BECOMING: Jo...