Found the Actress


YES! I found the actress for my opening!
I'm so happy right now. I had her in mind because I thought she would perfectly fit the role of the female character in the sci-fi film, but I was worried she wouldn't be able to take part with everything that is occurring at the moment. However, I just got off of the phone with her and she was excited to play the role.

Now let me introduce her:

Silvana Marquez 

She is a family friend and mom of two. She doesn't have much acting experience but, in all the time I've known her, I can tell that she is very good at expressing herself both through words and expressions. Someone like her is exactly what I need. Since there isn't much dialogue in the opening, the actress needs to be able to convey all her emotions and thoughts through expressions. Another reason I believe she is perfect to fit the role is that I'm so comfortable with her,, making it easier for us to communicate clearly and I can ask her to do anything, whether it be retake a scene or change her actions. Not to mention, THE PURPLE HAIR! I think it's such a cool feature of hers that just makes her fit the description of a female sci-fi character perfectly!!

I've already briefed her on what she will have to do, and the plot of the film that way she can start getting used to the idea and practice the emotions she needs to portray that are essential to the story. Now, I have to think about costume design and more! I'll be back with updates within the next few days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"BECOMING: JOSH CHESTER" Creative Critical Reflection

The documentary series “BECOMING:” features the story of a different athlete in each episode. The first episode of the series, “BECOMING: Jo...