And We're Back

Hi blog! It's been a while since I've posted on here, but I'm back and with an even bigger project to create. I'm both excited and nervous to start this, but I think it's time to set on a new adventure in which I'll be creating something amazing. To be honest, I have many ideas of what I want to do and not many rules or restrictions to limit my creativity. 

I've been debating between creating a an extract of a documentary or the two trailers for a film because both of them are interesting to me. This year we've already produced both of these things and I had a great time creating both, making this a tough decision for me. I want to make sure that whatever choice I make will be something that I can stick with throughout the next couple of months.

Let me give you some insight on the story ideas I have. But hear me out, some of these ideas are random and they are definitely very different from each other. 

- For the documentary I hoped to produce something that captures our current situation with COVID, but I don't want it to be cliche because this topic is so overused in the media. I don't want it to come off as just another COVID story, and for that reason, I wanted to try and show a different side of it which demonstrates the perspective of life in quarantine, especially for children. I also considered having a psychologist or a psychiatrist take part in an interview to bring more useful information.  

- Now for the film promotion package in which I create the two trailers, I was leaning towards the horror genre. I've created sci-fi and dystopian films that also had a small element of horror within them that has inspired to dig a bit deeper into this genre. This can be a bit challenging as I tend to not watch many horror films, but with some research I can learn the genre conventions and try to mimic them,, or possibly eve challenge them. A story idea I had for this is of a child that encounters a ghost. This can also come off as cliche, but if I were to end up choosing this idea, I would want to make the story a bit more elaborate than that. 

These are just two ideas I have at the moment. Who knows if something else comes to mind but hopefully by my next blog post, I'll have the answer for you and the idea will be introduced. Can't wait! For now I'll be brainstorming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"BECOMING: JOSH CHESTER" Creative Critical Reflection

The documentary series “BECOMING:” features the story of a different athlete in each episode. The first episode of the series, “BECOMING: Jo...