Planning It Out

An update on the mood board first: still working on it. I wanted to combine some pictures I found on Pinterest along with some pictures given to me by Josh's family to create the mood board, but I'm still waiting on a couple pictures, so hopefully I can get that done soon. 

I can already envision what this documentary will look like and I'm so ready to start working, but I have to learn to plan. Last year, I did a lot of jumping back and forth between different steps of creating my project that I would often miss something or just forget to do it. This year I want make sure I take on this project in a much more organized manner so I've created a calendar!


Complete planning means that all filming locations should be set as well as interview dates.

I gave myself a bit more than a week to film however, if I need to take more time it's possible this is just the time I'd hope it takes. Lastly for the editing, I gave myself more time than anything else just because this always takes me a while to get perfect. 

I didn't include my April calendar as I only have two weeks that month, but by these final two weeks I hope to be done with my documentary and working on the other parts of my portfolio project including the CCR, magazine article and social media page.

For this last week of February, I only have planned research and gathering some items that Josh has from his baseball days to see what I have to work with. This will make up the b-roll for the documentary, combined with other clips of a baseball field or possibly him batting and pitching, still a work in progress. But, my main goal for this week is to create an outline for my documentary extract so I can make sure to include everything I have in mind, but not too much that it seems to condensed. After this I have to start the research which will be an ongoing process, but I do want to make a couple posts on the documentary genre and genre conventions before I start the filming process.

More on that coming up, trying to figure out whether I want to mind map it or simply use an online chart to divide up the different components that'll make up my documentary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"BECOMING: JOSH CHESTER" Creative Critical Reflection

The documentary series “BECOMING:” features the story of a different athlete in each episode. The first episode of the series, “BECOMING: Jo...