Working with Groups

Today in class we had a group discussion in which we shared our ideas and struggles for our classmates to suggest possible solutions or anything that could help us out, and it was honestly a great time. After being stuck at home for such a long time it was amazing to finally have the opportunity to connect with our peers at another level. Usually we're all pretty quiet in class, although our teacher does her best to get us to interact with each other, but it's quite a difficult thing to do over a video call. This time we were each given the chance to talk for as long as we wanted about our project and all my classmates contributed something helpful. 

I began by sharing my thought process and how I came up with the idea, just like I did in my blog. I wanted to give some backstory because my classmates know I've never approached the sports genre, especially for a project. I made sure to mention that I wanted to try something new and I was up for this challenge. After sharing the complete idea, my peers began to recommend all kinds of different things and I typed them all out to keep in mind so here they are:

I began to organize each of the ideas I received into categories that would keep this list organized and be easy for me to look back at. A friend suggested an idea for the title, which was not even something I had thought about yet!

One classmate even asked me something that I had given little thought to, "So what would the series be about, since it's an episodic documentary?" Even though I did ponder this question at the start of the project, I never came to a decision about this. After giving it some thought, I replied with my hopes that each episode would feature a different story with a different athlete. Each athlete truly has a story of their own, whether it be a story of success or a sad story in which they left their sport for one reason or another, and although I can't create all of these episodes, I think this is something important to remember as I create my extract. 

Overall, I am extremely glad we were given the chance to have this discussion in class. Not only did my peers help me, but I was also able to help others and hear of some of the creative ideas they had come up with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"BECOMING: JOSH CHESTER" Creative Critical Reflection

The documentary series “BECOMING:” features the story of a different athlete in each episode. The first episode of the series, “BECOMING: Jo...