A Set Audience

I know I've made a couple target audience pots but, I wanted to provide some clarification on this, so here is the definitive target audience for the documentary I'm creating. These choices were made after doing some research and deciding upon whether I'd use the characteristics I found or if I'd challenge them. 

Typically for a sports documentary, the target audience consists mainly of males. However I chose to target both males and females.

I do feel that men can identify with the documentary better as it tells the story of a boy who grew up playing baseball, but females nonetheless that have also dedicated their lives to a sport, so they can also create this sense of familiarity with the film. 

Age Range: 15-55 years old

The documentary will be appropriate for all ages, however I made the choice to include both teens and parents of teens as they will be the group most interested in this type of documentary. 

Parents also gain interest as they've had their children in sports and know what it's like to be there in their failures and triumphs. 

These families are those of mid to high class and share interests in sports or have had experience playing a sport, more specifically baseball.


Another trait the audience could share is that of having a similar experience to the subject of the film, Josh who underwent an injury while dedicating himself to the sport, but this wouldn't be the most common thing they share with him. I think the love for a sport would be. 

Overall, the typical target audience of a sports doc would consist of teen to adult men where I've chosen to challenge this and target both men and women, both teens, their parents, and adults who've grown up playing sports. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"BECOMING: JOSH CHESTER" Creative Critical Reflection

The documentary series “BECOMING:” features the story of a different athlete in each episode. The first episode of the series, “BECOMING: Jo...