Considering Target Audience

Target Audience. An important concept to consider when making choices on any product you are trying to put out into the market. In my case, I must think of the target audience as I make every choice going into the production of this documentary extract. 

My main goal is to first define and then target a specific audience that will be interested in the film. In order to do so, I will need to conduct and compile research. Having your target audience defined allows you to make better choices that will positively influence the audience's perception of the film. 

When researching the target audience of sport's documentaries there are a couple things I must look for:

    1. Age 
    2. Gender 
    3. Socioeconomic status/Social class
    4. Consumption habits 
    5. Likings/Hobbies

Although this may seem like a short list, having these few things defined will allow me to attract a specific audience, which I consider to be a niche group, however I'll be able to successfully reach this audience and others as a plus. In my next blog post, I plan to return with my research and I'll keep in mind how I can use what I've learned about target audience and implement into each decision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"BECOMING: JOSH CHESTER" Creative Critical Reflection

The documentary series “BECOMING:” features the story of a different athlete in each episode. The first episode of the series, “BECOMING: Jo...