Docs to Watch

Today I researched some sports documentaries I could watch and possibly be inspired by. I didn't want to watch only documentaries related to baseball simply because I want to learn of the techniques used in all sports docs, and not limit myself just to one small part of the genre. So here is the list I made for myself:

No-No: A Dockumentary (2014) 


This film is focused on a certain aspect of baseball. According to an article on Men's Health "A no-hitter is one of the most difficult achievements in sports, and on June 12, 1970, Dock Ellis accomplished the feat—while tripping on acid. It’s a zany tale, but with a lot of insight. Into Dock. Into baseball. And into the uproarious age of the 60s and 70s." Not only did this documentary focus on the career of a baseball star, but also the repercussions that came with the pressure of playing baseball. 





Icarus (2017)



Although this documentary focuses on the sport of cycling, it has been recommended by several sources as a great sports documentary as it gives a look "Inside the real life and death stakes of going for Olympic gold."




Undefeated (2011)




"Having never won a playoff game, the Manassas Tigers and the senior class hope to turn around their school’s image as quitters and losers. Maybe the best football documentary ever filmed." What I hope to take away most from this film is the feeling of working as a team to accomplish something great as this is what I wish to reflect in my documentary.


I hope to watch a couple from this list which I'll probably be able to get through this weekend. I'm excited to do so because after I watch any great film, I immediately want to start working on mine. I'll be back with updates on the pieces I watched and what I learned from them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"BECOMING: JOSH CHESTER" Creative Critical Reflection

The documentary series “BECOMING:” features the story of a different athlete in each episode. The first episode of the series, “BECOMING: Jo...