Discussing Social Media

To create the Instagram page, I had to consider the type of content I wanted to post that would fit the target audience. During a group meeting, a classmate shared that the way he went about this was to create a couple different types of posts that ultimately went with the purpose of the documentary. Although our documentaries had very different focuses, we could still relate in this aspect that we both had the same goal, to promote our doc in an engaging manner fully grasping the attention of the target audience. 

In fact, my classmate fit exactly into my target as he is a male within the age range with an interest in sports. When I brought up my uncertainty on the social media platform I'd use, he immediately responded with "Instagram!" I mentioned I'd been stuck between Facebook and Instagram because my target audience also consists of older men, but it was true; Instagram was the better option, especially if I was trying to attract the younger audience as well.

Within the group meeting, some ideas were proposed that I typed up: 

Although they are all good ideas, I must choose what I consider to best fit for the target audience. I will soon be creating the Instagram page and will share then what I've decided upon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

"BECOMING: JOSH CHESTER" Creative Critical Reflection

The documentary series “BECOMING:” features the story of a different athlete in each episode. The first episode of the series, “BECOMING: Jo...