Creating the Account

Last blog post I shared the list of ideas I had and I'm back to tell you which topics I've chosen to focus on in the Insta posts:

To start, I wanted to include sports facts as an informational aspect of the page that would give world records or facts on the specific athletes I focus in a "Did you know?" format. This will bring interest to the series and each episode as well. For example, I could share that Josh has a trading card made for him because many believed he would be very successful and this card could've been worth a lot if it weren't for the injury that ended his career. Then say "If you want to know more about this athlete go watch the docuseries 'Becoming', he's featured in the first episode!"

Secondly, there's promotional post that simply garner excitement. Such as, "Can you guess which athlete's will be featured in this series, it could be one of your favorite! Stay tuned for more." Then day by day I'd reveal a new athlete. 

Lastly, I would create posts that consist of those short 10-30 second sports highlight videos. These always end up on what is called the "Explore Page" on Instagram that will be customized towards your likings. It's an easy way to reach your target audience without doing much but posting something they'd be interested in watching. The videos would be a great way to hook them and then bring them onto the documentary's account. 

All three methods are great ways to reach the target audience through this platform to not only promote the film, but to get them to watch it. 



I know I've only explained them, but the visuals should come soon as I build upon the account I've created. I need a cover for the profile picture and then I can begin posting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"BECOMING: JOSH CHESTER" Creative Critical Reflection

The documentary series “BECOMING:” features the story of a different athlete in each episode. The first episode of the series, “BECOMING: Jo...