A Title for the Docuseries

Hi blog! Let me share that honestly, I was having trouble coming up with a title for the series. As I've mentioned in a recent blog post, I wanted to create a solid list of ideas and then present them to classmates as a poll for them to vote on their favorites. This would be a great way to get feedback form my peers, but I felt as if all the ideas I had come up with were not good enough. I started talking with my mom who always helps me out when I get stuck on problems like this. She started giving me some ideas and although some were cheesy she did mention one that stood out, but before I announce it I'd like to tell about what I what wanted for the title. 

Since the start I wanted a name that could be used for all the episodes. I don't know if there is a term for this but to exemplify the concept I'll use the example of a nature docuseries which could be titled Exploring Nature and each episode is about a different animal. So, episode 1 could be Exploring Nature: The Hummingbird while episode 2 would be Exploring Nature: The Ladybug. I wanted to apply this same idea to the docuseries, coming up with a title for the entire series followed by the name of the athlete the episode focuses on. 

Some ideas I had were: 

- An Athlete's Dream 

- Playing Ball

- A Ball Player's Pursuit

However none of these seemed like the right fit, but the idea my mom brought up was perfect. Here we go, the big announcement. The title of the episode for the extract I'm creating is:

Becoming: Josh Chester

Not only does this title "Becoming:" work for the one episode, but it would work for all of them as it tells the story of the athlete's career and how they created an identity for themselves through a sport. Not only would it share about their careers, but what led them to follow through on playing a sport and ultimately becoming who they are today. I'm so content with this idea, and now I'm ready to get started on the other parts of the projects I've held off on because I didn't have the title ready. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"BECOMING: JOSH CHESTER" Creative Critical Reflection

The documentary series “BECOMING:” features the story of a different athlete in each episode. The first episode of the series, “BECOMING: Jo...