An Editing Update

I'm about halfway done editing now. Not exactly where I thought I'd be but everything is coming together nicely. To be honest, I had a bit of trouble deciding upon how I wanted to structure the extract so I began by looking at all my footage. I imported the best footage I had and all the interview questions. From here I began adding clips into the timeline, following my typical editing process. I began to piece the beginning together, starting with an entrance in Josh's childhood room, full of baseball memories. 


Here's a look at the clip. I liked how this point of view entrance started the doc extract, almost setting the stage for the piece. It was different from what I originally imagined, but it worked very well. The primary concern I have about this is that the footage is a bit shaky, but it may be an easy fix if I stabilize it in the editing process. 

I plan to continue editing this week finishing it as soon as possible. My next task is the creation of the social media page, but I've held off on this because I can't come up with a good title for the documentary. Of course I've had a couple ideas, but they've been centered around the baseball aspect rather than the series as a whole. For the series I was thinking of something like "An Athlete's Pursuit", something along those lines in which I highlight on athlete and chasing a dream. I may hold a survey or maybe a poll to gather votes on what my peers believe would be a better title out of the options I have so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"BECOMING: JOSH CHESTER" Creative Critical Reflection

The documentary series “BECOMING:” features the story of a different athlete in each episode. The first episode of the series, “BECOMING: Jo...