Filming Postponed


Time to be honest: I'm a bit worried.

Originally I had planned to film about a week ago, and that never happened because I didn't feel fully prepared, not to mention the Corona virus. This has created several difficulties for me and i'm sure for others as well, but I was feeling a bit hopeless because I know that the virus isn't suddenly going to disappear, although I wish it would. But I was reminded to work around the issues by my mom. She's a problem solver and doesn't spend much time dwelling in everything that goes wrong, like me. So, I'm glad to have her with me and grateful for her advice.

The deadline for the project is clear APRIL 12TH, giving me roughly two weeks to get everything done. Although this sounds a bit difficult, I realized that I've spent the past few weeks conducting research, watching movies, and preparing for the creation of this opening, so I'm not falling behind. I have enough knowledge to begin filming, but I want to be very careful before I start. Currently there are curfews established in my state, but there are no lockdowns as of this time. However, we have been advised to self-isolate and try to keep our distance.

Just yesterday, I went to the grocery store to get some water and ran into my godmother! I was glad to know she was doing good and feeling healthy, but she told me a story about her best friend who's a nurse at UM hospital. She began telling me how she's been working really hard for the past week, as she has been in charge of the Corona virus unit, and has been exposed to several people that have the virus. And at this time, the hospital is running out of masks. As a mother of two, she was worried because she didn't want to contract the virus and take it home to her kids. This made me realize that more people than I thought are suffering from this virus, even the people who don't have it. Nurses and doctors, like her are working day and night to help those who have the virus and continuously receive more and more patients who are sick. This is why it's so important to try and do our part as citizens to help stop this spread. This encouraged me to come up with new ways to film. So, I decided to use the footage I already have of the empty grocery stores, and fill in the rest with other parts of the storyline. I have already spoke with my actress who lives just a couple minutes away from me to find a safe way to meet up in order for me to film the rest of the story.

I have dedicated the next week to completing the opening and then the following week will be for the CCR (reflection) and finalizing the details. I am extremely motivated to get this project done safely and to create an awesome film opening!

Also, I want to dedicate a little shoutout to all the moms because they tend to be the best support system out there! Oh and let's not forget the doctors and nurses who are working hard at this time to help the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"BECOMING: JOSH CHESTER" Creative Critical Reflection

The documentary series “BECOMING:” features the story of a different athlete in each episode. The first episode of the series, “BECOMING: Jo...