A Set Storyline


Hello! It's been a while since I've given an update, but I've been hard at work.
So let's start; first I encountered some problems with the footage I had recorded once I began editing, and I don't think I've mentioned that I chose to use WeVideo to edit, but more on that in the next post. I had some inconsistencies in the footage, leaving me with no choice but to re-film certain parts.

After re-filming, I added new ideas to the opening that I wanted to include, thinking they'd make the story a bit more emotional. Because of that, I'd like to give a storyline update as well!

The general idea remains the same with my female main character being placed in a world where she seems to be the final survivor. She wakes up in an unfamiliar area with a device on her head that triggers memories, hinting at what happened in the past, leading her to the point she's in now. These memories include shots I took when going to the grocery store, of people in masks, and empty shelves as well. This is meant to show that a pandemic has occurred, however it isn't enough for the character to know how she survived. For that reason, the opening leaves out information that'll create a sense of mystery for the audience to continue watching the film. The plan is for the rest of the film to give more background on this character's life and what has happened to the world's population. Although, I did add a clip in which the main character is hugging her daughter and she is later seen in a mask, showing that she's also been affected by this disease that is hurting others. This brings in an emotional factor for the main character to continue exploring what has happened. Further than that the story line remains the same, but these were things I felt were essential to the opening, so I added them.

For the shots of the character with her daughter, I asked my younger cousin to help me. She was very excited to take part in it, and the film shows it. Here are two wholesome stills from that cute scene:



Now, time for what I learned:
I'm not sure if it's possible to avoid this "arising" of new ideas as I continue with the project, and I think I knew this was going to happen from the start because I remember making a post that gave the original storyline that way I wouldn't drift too far from it. But with any project, there are always going to be ways to improve and I don't think these ideas should be ignored, so I worked a bit harder to include them. Perhaps with better planning I may have avoided the extra work though. However, no matter how much work, I know I've enjoyed every bit of the process of creating this opening. And I hope you're just as excited as I am to see the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"BECOMING: JOSH CHESTER" Creative Critical Reflection

The documentary series “BECOMING:” features the story of a different athlete in each episode. The first episode of the series, “BECOMING: Jo...