Learning Something New Part 2


Going into this project, I was extremely excited (still am), but I didn't realize how much I'd be learning, and not just about filmmaking but also about myself.

I'm just going to say it... I am a shy person. At first when getting to know people I can be a bit reserved and quiet, which is rare of me because all of my closest friends and family know how loud and crazy I can be. It's something natural, when I'm just getting to know someone or I'm not that comfortable around them yet, I'm automatically more quiet.

Now, Silvana has been a family friend for quite some time, and I do feel comfortable with her. However, to me it's different when I have to ask her to move around or redo something because I didn't want to seem demanding, but gradually as we kept filming, I realized that she didn't see it that way at all. When talking to actors, it's also good to be polite, but they don't see it as you being demanding if you ask them to do something because in the end, the director is the one with the vision, and the actor/actors work together to make it a reality.

So, what did I take away from this?
It's better to be more outgoing when getting to know someone because both of you want the same thing; to feel comfortable with each other. Especially when meeting an actor, you want them to feel free to talk to you about any concerns, so you have to make yourself available to them. By taking this situation, I learned something about myself and how I can improve as a filmmaker!

That's how it is, learning as I go!
See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"BECOMING: JOSH CHESTER" Creative Critical Reflection

The documentary series “BECOMING:” features the story of a different athlete in each episode. The first episode of the series, “BECOMING: Jo...