Meeting in Groups

I'm so glad we had the opportunity to meet once again with a group to discuss the process and possible struggles were having or even ask questions to get some feedback from our classmates. These meetings are so helpful and I leave feeling extremely confident about my doc and what I'll be able to create. 

Today we were in a smaller group of 5 people, including me and we all shared our ideas. Most of us are on the same stage in the pre-filming and planning process while a few have started filming. I thought I was falling behind, but this made me realize that I'm actually right on track with everyone else. 

Some helpful input I got from today's meeting was about the voiceover. I asked everyone whether they thought a voiceover would help develop the documentary or whether they thought it'd be unnecessary. Everyone agreed that I should use a voiceover, and instead of it being in the voice of the subject, it should be in my voice. One classmate supported this idea by stating that it would provide an outside perspective since I wasn't directly involved in each story. 

Further, it was even brought up that my voice would be what brought each episode together. Although each episode tells a new story of a different athlete, my voiceover would be what remained the same, staying consist and creating a similarity between each episode. 

So now that I have decided upon using a voiceover, I'm going to need to start writing a script! As I finish my shot list, I begin on the script for the voiceover and complete the planning process. I'm looking forward to sharing these things as I begin to bring my ideas to life!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

"BECOMING: JOSH CHESTER" Creative Critical Reflection

The documentary series “BECOMING:” features the story of a different athlete in each episode. The first episode of the series, “BECOMING: Jo...