The Filming Plan

Before I began filming, I started to think of how I would organize my filming schedule. I had dates set for interviews and planned to get most of the B-roll before hand. However, I realized that each part that makes up the doc extract could be filmed on separate days and that way I could bring updates on each segment.

Although I'm already about halfway through the filming process, I thought I'd share the plan:

1/3

This first part is the B-roll. Because I have the liberty to obtain this footage whenever, I made this the first thing I'd like to complete. However, it may also be an ongoing process if I see myself needing more b-roll to fill the time. In the next post I'll share more about this as I've filmed most of the b-roll. 

2/3 

Interviews make up the second part of my filming plan. Since this section involves others, I would have to rely on them and their schedules to get this done. I also want to say that scheduling the interviews definitely helped me become  more decisive and it may sound cheesy, but brave as well. It took some courage to talk to these adults and plan something with my time, but it was a good thing for me to experience and learn from. 

3/3 

Lastly, I would use the final day of filming for any re-enactments I wanted to shoot and mainly obtaining the archival footage. By this point I was hoping to have a cover for the documentary that would illustrate the purpose of the doc or at least provide insight on the story I'm trying to share. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"BECOMING: JOSH CHESTER" Creative Critical Reflection

The documentary series “BECOMING:” features the story of a different athlete in each episode. The first episode of the series, “BECOMING: Jo...