Visiting the Fields

Honestly, I never saw myself spending so much time at a baseball field, but I have to say it was exciting. To start, I wanted the b-roll to consist of shots of an empty baseball field as well as getting a more personal look with shots of the dug out, or the place in which a team meets while I also wanted a time-lapse of the field. The first day I didn't know who to talk to or how to gain entry into the field, but after encountering a parent who frequently visits the field, I was told I was free to enter and film. I have to admit, I was nervous at first (which can be seen in the footage shot with shaky hands), but by the second day I was definitely more comfortable and began freely filming every thing I thought would be useful.

Here's a sneak peek at some stills form the b-roll footage I have. 


I have a point-of-view shot of me walking into the dug out the way a player would. 


Also, I want to mention that I tried to film everything twice, once with a telephoto lens, and once without it. This lens is something I've become familiar with it as I've used it for photography and for a media project in the past. However, I was unsure whether I'd want this hazy effect the lens creates on the b-roll or not. It does make the movement or the camera seem a bit blurry but I like the feeling it creates, almost dreamlike or reminiscent. 



This is just an advantage that comes with the use of the lens. This is still something I'm thinking about as I review the footage but I'll soon come to a decision. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

"BECOMING: JOSH CHESTER" Creative Critical Reflection

The documentary series “BECOMING:” features the story of a different athlete in each episode. The first episode of the series, “BECOMING: Jo...