The Chosen Editing Software

A couple posts ago I had mentioned that I finally figured out what video editing program I would use but never gave much detail so I'm here to share which one I selected and why. 

Throughout the AS Level of Media studies I would use an online video editing software named WeVideo, but after the free trial expired I was left with no software to edit my videos. I knew I had to find an inexpensive option that would be easy to figure out, but everything I tried didn't work. Most free trials would leave me with low quality exports or even a huge watermark when I wanted to export the final version. I started looking about a month or so ago knowing I'd be necessary for this project. 

Then I remembered my friend had recommended one last year called Final Cut Pro. I got in contact with her and she shared that they even offer a free trial if you own a Mac laptop or desktop computer. 

After doing some research, I was able to download the software and I started playing around with it. Although the free trial doesn't have all the features of the full version, it does have the tools that I would normally need to edit. I learned this after I began using the editing program on another project I've mine. I began editing a wedding video not too long ago just to get some practice with the basics of inserting clips, cutting them, moving them around and adding audio. I actually found that the layout of it is very similar to WeVideo and I think this is going to be my new video editing software. 

As for the progress on the doc extract, I am currently editing and plan to finish within the next few days. This would leave me with enough time to create the other components of the project including the magazine article and the social media page which I've been thinking about recently. More updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"BECOMING: JOSH CHESTER" Creative Critical Reflection

The documentary series “BECOMING:” features the story of a different athlete in each episode. The first episode of the series, “BECOMING: Jo...